50+ Things you need to know to facilitate your job search and improve your career, including:
- HOW DO I KNOW WHICH JOB TYPE BEST SUITS ME?
- WHY SHOULD COMPANIES HIRE ME?
- HOW DO I GET ON THE HEADHUNTERS’ RADAR?
- WHY DO I NEED AN “ELEVATOR PITCH”?
- HOW DO I CREATE A WINNING RESUME?
- HOW SHOULD I HANDLE TYPICAL INTERVIEW QUESTIONS?
- HOW CAN I BEST MANAGE A JOB OFFER?
- HOW DO I START MY NEW JOB WITH A BANG?
- HOW DO I KEEP MOTIVATED AND DRIVEN?
- HOW SHOULD I ASK FOR A RAISE?
- DO I WANT TO BE A MANAGER OR LEADER?
- AND MANY MORE…
“Adrian and Steven have put together a useful career resource for jobseekers, based on their headhunting experiences, and angled to fit Singapore’s context. It is easy to read—reflecting questions and issues faced by job seekers, and highlighting the importance of building skills and a positive mindset. I’m glad that the authors have produced a handy kit to guide PMEs towards better jobs.”
– Gilbert Tan, CEO, Employment and Employability Institute
“Everything You Wish to Ask A Headhunter is a must-read for people planning for their careers. I am impressed by the information presented, especially from the headhunter’s perspective. In this book, experts in the industry provide practical insights into career planning.”
– Francis Koh, Managing Director, CAPITA
“This book is a fairly comprehensive compilation of what should be considered when embarking on a new career or job, by gathering experiences from professionals (and in certain instances, not-so-professionals) that would be able to assist you in your search for a new role. This book contains a career’s worth of observations and tips on how to navigate, what is for most people, a minefield that can potentially lead to some very wrong things.
This candid overview should provide the inexperienced or out-of-practice job seeker with a ‘leg up’ in what continues to be an increasingly competitive and changing landscape, and enables them to realise some of their true worth. This is an interesting guide for recruitment professionals and job seekers alike.”
– Marek Danyluk, Managing Director, Argyll Scott
“Some great tips and insights from two industry experts. A must-read for anyone considering their career options.”
– Ben Batten, Country General Manager, VOLT
“Steven and Adrian prove that when it comes to searching for a job and surviving in the corporate jungle, it’s neither who you know, nor what you know that counts. Ultimately, it’s what you do. This makes for a great read!”
– Paul Slezak, Co-founder, RecruitLoop, Co-author of 21 Things to Do to Get a New Job NOW!