1. Key contents of the book can be understood from the book title Toa Payoh – short stories of potters in Singapore and Malaysia, their careers and journeys. Why Toa Payoh? Toa Payoh Singapore is where the book begins its stories and interviews of 21 local potters:
– Their academic background and the environment from which they have been brought up, learnt, work and teach pottery.
- The description of form-and-glaze and philosophical aspects of their artworks.
- The exhibitions where their artworks had been introduced to the public
- The experiences in studio pottery and friendships they have gained during their overseas travels.
2. Stories of overseas potters whom local potters have visited, including trip reports of pottery-art development, art markets, and related artwork photos.
3. The author also gives his comments at the end of each potter’s story.